Warranty Policy, Protection Plan, Repairs and Returns
* Important Note
In order to ensure every product meets the exacting standards in craftsmanship and workmanship, US.VAIO.COM honors product warranties and performs warranty services ONLY on products purchased from US.VAIO.COM, any authorized VAIO reseller and are accompanied with a proof of purchase. Products not purchased from this website or from authorized VAIO resellers will have their VAIO warranty voided. When you purchase products from an unauthorized website or reseller you are taking a risk of products that may be counterfeit, used, defective, or may not be designed for use in your country. Please protect yourself and your VAIO product by ensuring that you only purchase VAIO products from an authorized reseller.
Standard One Year Limited Hardware Warranty - New Products
For details on warranty coverage, please click here.
Standard Six Month Limited Hardware Warranty - Used Products
Warranty coverage for used products is the same as for new products except the term coverage is for only six (6) months.
- All returned products must include a US.VAIO.COM RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) Number. This number can be acquired by contacting the Customer Service Department.
- US.VAIO.COM will request a deposit of $99 on a credit or debit card covering the estimated costs of shipment and diagnostics of the device. This deposit will be refunded once diagnostics have been completed and a manufacturer defect has been identified. If it has been determined that the warranty claim falls outside of manufacturer defect, the deposit will not be refunded. However the amount can be applied directly to the cost of repairs.
- For out of warranty service, the customer is responsible for return shipping and insurance fees.
- US.VAIO.COM retains the right to either refuse delivery or charge a restocking fee for any product returned without an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number or returned 20 days after a return has been authorized.
- Customers requesting warranty service outside of the US are responsible for international shipping costs both directions.
When purchased with new devices, plans are available for 2, 3 or 4 years to cover necessary labor and/or parts required to repair your VAIO device for approved claims. For qualifying used devices, the plans are available for 2 or 3 year terms. Types of claims covered include:
- Covered mechanical or electrical failures due to defects in materials and workmanship which occur after the original equipment manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Damages resulting from covered power surge incident while using approved surge protector. Coverage begins upon Contract purchase date.
- No deductible for approved claims.
- No Lemon Guarantee - If your covered device has 3 repairs covered under the Contract for the same problem and a 4th repair is required for same covered problem in a consecutive 12 month period, Plan will replace your device with one of like kind and quality, but not necessarily same brand or color, or provide you with reimbursement for a replacement.
- You can cancel at any time. See Terms & Conditions for full details about refunds.
- Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage provides for labor and/or parts required to repair your device if it experiences sudden and unforeseen accidental damage from handling, such as damage resulting from dropping the device, liquid spillage, or other covered failure. ADH coverage begins day 1 when purchase with a new VAIO device.
- Plans subject to applicable tax (see cart at checkout).
- You must perform all maintenance and avoid use in conditions outside the manufacturer's specifications.
- Not all breakdowns are covered. Review "Exclusions (What is Not Covered)" & Limit of Liability sections of Plan.
- Plan cannot be transferred.
- See Plan for state-specific information.
View/Print the Protection Plan Terms and Conditions. If you purchase a Plan, you will receive a copy via email along with Contract Purchase Receipt (needed for claim filing).How to File a Claim for Protection Plan Coverage
Your VAIO Protection Plan is provided by our partner called Clyde. You will need to initiate your claim directly through Clyde at hiclyde.com. This link can also be found in the email sent to you after you purchase your Clyde Protection Plan. If you lose this email, contact Clyde at email@example.com. You may also call the Clyde Customer Service number at 1-856-356-0607.
The following is a guideline to applicable return scenarios up to 14 days from delivery. After this period, items are only warranted under our standard one year limited hardware warranty. Please note all returned items will be subjected to a rigorous inspection.
Unopened Box Return
Unopened box returns will be accepted within 14 days from delivery. US.VAIO.COM will charge up to a $99 restocking fee to cover expenses such as shipping costs and credit card transaction fees.
14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
US.VAIO.COM will accept returned merchandise within the first 14 days after delivery according to the following conditions:
- Customer Service must be contacted prior to any return.
- All original packaging, software, manuals, documents, etc. must be included with the returned merchandise.
- The Returned Merchandise must be received in its original packaging and the packaging must be intact and undamaged. Absence of the original package will void the guarantee.
- Returned Merchandise cannot be damaged or altered in any fashion (including removing any product labeling). Failure on this will void the guarantee and warranty.
- Customer is responsible for return shipping and insurance fees. Uninsured items damaged in shipping will void the guarantee.
- Returned laptops that are functional, undamaged and free of defects will be subjected to a restocking charge of $99.00. If, upon evaluation, the item is found to have signs of wear, cosmetic blemishes, missing parts or damaged in any manner the cost to recondition the machine will be deducted from the refund due.
- Returned accessories that are functional, undamaged and free of defects may be subjected to a restocking charge of $15.00. If upon evaluation the item is found to have signs of wear, cosmetic blemishes, or damages, the value needed to recondition the product will be deducted from the refund due.
- The refunded amount will consist of the invoice amount of the item, less the restocking fee if applicable. Original charges for shipping, handling, etc. will not be refunded.
Damaged in Shipping
If the product has been damaged in shipping please prepare proof (such as photographic evidence) and contact Customer Service immediately.
Damaged by Customer
Unfortunately US.VAIO.COM will not accept returns or exchange any product that has been damaged by the customer and the warranty will become void. This includes damage from customer misuse, missing parts or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering. However the customer may pay for repair service.
Product Purchased from Another Vendor
Only products purchased from US.VAIO.COM are eligible for returns. Products purchased from other retailers must be returned to that retailer.