[VAIO_PC] how to connect with IEEE 802.11n
Please tell me how to connect with the wireless LAN IEEE 802.11n.
Please tell me about the recommended settings when connecting with IEEE 802.11n.
You will check the settings of the settings and the Device Manager of encryption
Table of contents
Method of operation
To connect with the wireless LAN IEEE 802.11n, you need to verify that your wireless LAN router is compatible with the IEEE 802.11n protocol.
If the wireless LAN router is compatible with IEEE 802.11n You typically have the ability to set a wireless LAN password using the authentication method [WPA2-PSK].
If the authentication method is WEP or WPA, communication speed may be lowered because there is no IEEE 802.11n and compatibility is limited to the speed of 54Mbps. Please check the manual for your wireless LAN router for more information.
You can configure wireless LAN base unit of channel width, or settings such as channel bandwidth to 20Mhz and 40Mhz, please note that the recommended to settings are 40Mhz or automatic. Please check the manual for your wireless LAN router for details on configuration.
Speed to be displayed on the property at the time of connection is the maximum link speed of at that point in time, does not mean that actually made communication at this speed.
This value will always vary depending on the operating environment. It is not possible to fix the rate.
Method of operation
In the case of Windows 8.1
1. Open the Device Manager.
▼ related Q & A: How to display the Device Manager screen
2. Double-click the network adapter], wireless LAN for your model from the list that appears: Please double-click (eg Intel (R) such as Wireless-N7260).
3. Since the properties screen will appear, please select the Advanced tab.
4. Please check whether the settings match the table below.
※ items and contents are displayed depends on the model.
|802.11n channel width (2.4GHz)||Automatic|
|802.11n channel width (5GHz)||Automatic|
|802.11n mode||in force|
|40Mhz channel width incompatible||Invalid|
|Roaming aggressiveness||In (or less)|
|Improvement of throughput||Invalid|
|Wireless Mode||802.11b / g, or 802.11a / b / g|
5. If you need to change the settings, after doing so please select the [OK] to save your changes. After verifying these settings you should be able to connect to your router.
6. Please connect to the wireless LAN router (base unit).
▼ related Q & A: How to connect to access point of Wi-Fi (wireless LAN)
7. To make a confirmation of the connection, please open the Control Panel.
▼ related Q & A: How to access the control Panel
8. Please select the Network and Internet].
9. Please select the Network and Sharing Center.
10. Please select the Settings Change Adapter] on the left side of the screen.
11. Please double-click the [Wi-Fi] icon.
▼ Related Q & A:
How to check your connection information with the command prompt in Windows 10
1. Type cmd.exe in your search bar near the start menu
2. While the Command Prompt window is open, type “netsh wlan show interface”, and then press the [Enter] key.
The maximum speed that you are able to connect at is displayed. This does not actually mean that your communications are happening at this rate. Your connection speed will vary depending on your environment.